Research and development
A database of Research and Development services
How to use video is shown below
Blog posts about avoidable errors and high costs
28 SEPTEMBER, 2017 Poor Return On Investment Excessive hype A broken funding system 'Digital health tech is dead' announced Rob Coppedge, CEO of Echo Health Ventures in a post on the 6th September 2017. Rob has more than 20 years of experience in health care venture...
11 AUGUST, 2017 Neuro rehab using Virtual Reality From Germany to Australia with Intensive Care Giving Carers a Voice The final participants of the Melbourne Health Accelerator Program winter program, are those who's end customer is ultimately the patient or their...
19 JULY, 2017 Ultra Violet light Robots Home monitoring Patient driven care The winter Melbourne Health Accelerator program is over half way through it's Winter curriculum. The pitches are much more focused and clear about who the customer is, and what the product can...
27 JUNE, 2017 Digital diagnosis Clinical validation Commercialisation As part of Melbourne Health Research week, the event 'Take this app and call me in the morning: The future of digital health technology prescribing' was held in the function centre of the Royal...
Reforming hospitals from the inside out. Australia’s first health startup accelerator, situated inside the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
The 2017 Melbourne Health Accelerator Program has begun.
An abandoned Intensive Care Unit becomes a Startup Incubator
Melbourne Health Accelerator Program startups up in May 2017
Agnes Health was named after the feisty daughter of the first Governor of Victoria. A recent event was advice on how to become a successful entrepreneur.
23 FEBRUARY 2017 Intensive Care Research New models of care Last night Peak 15 held their first meetup for 2017 at the Alfred Medical Education and Research Precinct. The topic was The Bits ‘n’ Bytes of IntensiveCare: Data That Matters! The first speaker was David...
Convergency Science Network and HealthTech promote Australian Health Startups.
A great workshop was held today at Lab 14, 700 Swanston Street Carlton. There were 11 health startups presenting their pitch, 60 odd people listening, providing advice and support. Health Delivered is a cloud-based platform that consultations with dieticians,...
Health startups cost a fraction of traditional, bricks and mortar services. They offer more accurate data. And they are customer, or patient focused.
Statistics indicating major trends
- Percentage of estimated compound growth in the Artificial Intelligence health market by 2021 40%
- Estimated time savings for Doctors using AI applications like voice-to-text transcribing and diagnosis algorithms 17%
- Estimated time saving for Registered Nurses using AI applications like virtual nursing assistants and smart devices reading vital signs 51%
- Percent the worldwide market for smart wearables devices is growing at, year to year 17%
- Percentage of American health care providers who expect to have a commercial blockchain solution in place this year (2017) 16%
- Percentage of American healthcare industry executives, who believe AI will be widely used in healthcare by 2025 50%
- What percent of respondents to a survey of pharmaceutical executives, say they believe that AI is fundamental to the success of their companies future? 90%