A database of oncology services
How to use video is shown below
Blog posts about avoidable errors and high costs
Statistics indicating major trends
- Percent of breast cancer patients who report being informed about fertility risks from cancer treatments – USA study 13%
- Percent of men who expressed regretted about having cancer treatment for localised prostate cancer, 5 years after treatments 15%
- What percent of cure, was chemotherapy found to bring to 5 year recovery rate in adult malignancies – Australian and USA study 2.5%
- What percentage of cancer-related deaths have been attributable to diet and tobacco worldwide by a study? 65%
A brief summary
Major problems to avoid
- Small hospitals and clinics giving chemotherapy without adequate numbers of trained staff and well established team work.
- Paper drug charts used for the administration of dangerous drugs like chemotherapy.
- Failure to openly discuss major treatment side effects like infertility with patients of childbearing age.
- Refusal to discuss out of pocket costs or give up front quotes for lengthy and expensive cancer treatments.
Positive things to seek out
- A lot of innovation and health startups are moving into providing early cancer diagnosis, less invasive treatments and more integrated and supportive follow up care.
- Consumer groups are now raising issues about the lack of patient education around fertility and sexuality of many cancer survivors.