Fitness & Alternative Therapies
A database of fitness & alternative therapies
How to use video is shown below
Blog posts about avoidable errors and high costs
9th APRIL, 2018 Alternative Therapies Unsubstantiated claims A billion dollar industry Complementary Alternative Therapies (CAM) were once laughed at by Western medical groups as scientific fraud. Today they are accepted by many members of the health industry,...
Statistics indicating major trends
- Percent of out-of-pocket costs health costs spent on alternative therapies by Americans every year 9.2%
- Percent of Americans that researchers estimate, spend money on at least on alternative therapy 20%
- By what percent, does lack of exercise represents a major independent risk factor for mortality ? 10%
- What percent do obese individuals (30 pounds overweight) have a death rate higher that of people with a healthy weight? 2.5%
- What percent of the worlds population is now classified as overweight or obese? 33%
A brief summary
Major problems to avoid
- Most people fail to understand that both mainstream and alternative health services are part of a billion dollar, international, for-profit industry.
- Few alternative therapies can produce hard evidence to back their claims.
- Legal bullying against individual Doctors who have challenged dishonest advertising in some alternative therapies, prove the need for legal reform.
Positive things to seek out
- The beneficial effects of weight loss and exercise are being proved in numerous international studies.
- Platform as a service is allowing fitness coaches to connect with customers around the world.
- Some health insurers are now offering discounts as an incentives for people to exercise and lose weight.